The Best Domain Registrars for your Website
What will be easier to remember an IP address 192.151.318 or a custom name, indeed a name? That is the function of a domain registrar to identify or translate the IP address displayed by the website.
To achieve this translation it is necessary to complete a domain registration process, to obtain the identity of the web project. Currently it is essential to have a domain registrar to associate a website or email, so that it is visible, recognizable and personalized.
It is not always necessary to register a new domain, some companies allow the use of some subdomains to facilitate the customer experience or reduce costs. The vast majority of domain registrars take care of adding personality to a website.
A domain allows you to create an image of your website, increase visitor traffic, increase sales, and bring trust and professionalism. If you want to register your domain it is time to discover the best alternatives.
Top 10 Domain Registrars
Choosing the Best Domain Registrars What to Analyze?
Finding the best domain registrar does not have to be a complex task, there are certain determinants that can guide your decision making.Inorder for you to select the right option for your project, we recommend some characteristics that you can compare and evaluate, whether it be: domain level, quality or price.
Variety of Domains Offered by the Registrar
Domain Registrars usually offer a variety of extensions that respond to 3 types: Top Level, Internationalized and Geographic. Within this typology, users can choose between general, international or regional domain names.
Top Level Domains TLDs, known as domain name extensions, include:
- .com: used for regular, commercial or business web pages.
- .net: used for websites related to the Internet.
- .org: related to non-profit, non-governmental organizations or institutions.
- .edu: idea for schools, universities, academies
Internationalized or country codedomains are those that allow to have variants of the domain by specific codes or characters. Finally, domain registrars integrate ccTLDs or geographic domains, i.e. those that belong to a certain region or country:
In addition, domain registrars include custom domain generator options with premium DNS.
Domain registrars present different rates for acquiring a domain name or extension. Prices are set according to the endings and the level of the domain: top-level, sub-level, generic, geographic or international.
Each domain registrar will establish the budget, generally between $1.99 and $20 per monthly contract. In addition, if the domain registrar includes customized options, the price usually goes up.
If it is the first time you will use the domain registrar we recommend you to use a cheap option to test and increase the level over time.
There are offers at domain registrars that allow discounts for annual contracts and renewals included.
Quality of Support
Acquiring technical support is a necessity in any field, and when in doubt it is always legitimate to seek the assistance of a professional. In particular, domain registrars must have a quality customer service, in order to respond with kindness and detail.
The ideal would be to look for domain registrars that have a technical support that works 24 hours a day, with the availability of an interpreter or translator and trained personnel.
Communication channels are important, try to find a domain registrar that handles different means of communication with reasonable response times.
Domainregistrar support is important for renewals, migrations, crashes, acquiring a security package. Excellent options that you can get, but, in addition, to have professional support in case of emergencies.
The opinions of users is a good indicator to evaluate domain registrars, from different web portals you can find comments and opinions. For a more complete overview we would like to mention some of them:
- Select a domain registrar that has an automatic renewal through credit or registered cards.
- Purchase domain registrars with additional time after expiration.
- Avoid domain registrars with hidden prices or unhelpful services.
- Hire domain registrars that have a quality interface that allows you to manage all the tools from an intuitive panel. With specific buttons to facilitate registration.
- Finally, it is necessary to have domain registrars with two-step authentication and quality security.
How to Register My Website with a Domain Registrar
Registering your website with a domain registrar is a simple action, the company will take care of the technical aspects. You just need to make sure you make the payment to register without any problems.
In order for you to understand, we will detail step by step how to register the website.
- First of all, you must choose the platform, review all the options and alternatives that companies or domain registrars offer. Having a platform that supports different types of domains is essential.
- Check the availability of the domain name, investigate in the registrar’s portal if the domain you want is available. In addition, it is good to document yourself to choose the one that best suits your requirements and offers the best benefits.
- Select the type of domain according to the level, geographic zone, utility or personalization.
- After choosing, enter the credentials: names, personal data, card or bank account holders.
- Establish the period of validity of the domain can be annual, biennial or triennial, depending on the characteristics of the registrar.
- Confirm the packages and domainextensions added to be registered.
- Then, it is important to look for the options to add the web hosting to allow the creation of the website and future configurations.
- Finally, make the payment within the established deadline, to generate the billing data and check the dates to pay for the service.
These steps are usually generic, but may vary according to the conditions of the company, sometimes you pay first and then proceed to the registration. In any of the cases it is important to be alert so as not to skip important processes.
Prices and Promotions of the Best Domain Registrars
Domain registrar prices and promotions tend to change due to different factors. Each company sets prices according to fixed criteria, whether it is the type of domain, additional resources or protection.
Let’s take a look at some of the most relevant conditions that modify the price when registering a domain name:
- The domain extension: each type of domain either TLD or ccTLD have different prices, this due to popularity and uses. The top level domains acquire a higher rate due to the hierarchy, around $10.00 as a base price.
- The duration of the registration: the longer the duration of the registration plan, the higher the price you will get. For annual contracts the registration fees range from $50.00 to $100.00 and include benefits such as protection and blocking.
- The popularity of the keywords: not all keywords have the same price, some belong to a very popular list. In this way the price is increased due to the combination of words.
In this way there are users who must pay a high cost for the acquisition of a domain either because of the demand or properties of this. Also, if the price exceeds $50.00 per year, it is recommended to make a list of pros and cons before making a purchase.
The different companies will make available a series of offers and discounts so that the price is more economical to enjoy visibility and reputation.
Free Domain Registrars – Do they exist?
Free domains are a reality, there are an infinite number of platforms that offer their services at no cost, but it is not a good idea. If your objectives are to have visibility, power, availability, tools, personalized names and own a free service is not ideal.
Having a free domain derives multiple disadvantages among which stand out the inclusion of advertising, unexpected crashes. They are not reliable domain registrars, one day they can disappear and with them all the registered information.
Also, free domain registrars do not give a good image to visitors, losing a flow of people who can reach your page. The ideal would be to use them as a test before hiring a paid service, to avoid complications on your web site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Domain registrars are companies in charge of managing, negotiating and assigning unique domain names. They are accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assign Names and Numbers (ICANN).
A domain registrar can help the user to have a better internalization, identification and identity of the website. Obtaining a defined image of the site, better visualizations and positioning.
Before choosing among the best domain registrars it is necessary to take into account some characteristics such as: variety of domains, prices. Ease of use, reviews, speed and reputation.
Indeed, there is a wide range of free domain services that you can purchase by logging into the website. However, they are not recommended because of the instability of the service and the disadvantages for the website.
The prices of domain name registrars vary according to certain determinants that each company values in a particular way. Prices range from $1.99 to $20.00.
To use domain registrars you need to choose a platform or company, research the domain name and confirm its availability. Once confirmed proceed to register your credentials and make the payment, to allow you to add the hosting.
If you want to know more information about the world of Web Hosting, we invite you to continue browsing our website, where you will find articles such as:
Our job is to make your search easier when you decide to select and compare the best domain name registrars, you can also take a look at the best website builders or the best CDNs.
If you are interested in other topics you can take a look at our main web hosting page where you will find all the relevant information to make your website the best.